Sunday, December 16, 2007

Mary Christmas?

One snow day from school my son Alex, then about 3, and I decided to start decorating for Christmas. I decided that we would first put up the Nativity scene. As I was unpacking the stable and all the farm animals, Alex was taking each of them singing "Mary had a little lamb."

A few minutes later I looked up to see what he was doing. I was amazed to see the Virgin Mary totally surrounded by sheep. In Alex's mind she was the Mary who had the little lambs. Hey totally makes sense in a 3 year olds world!

And who's to say she wasn't the Mary who had a little lamb?!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was two weeks before Christmas and as with most six year olds Santa and the reindeer were frequent conversations. As Sidney and I walked out of school one night, after a basketball game, something was puzzling her greatly.

“Hey Mom” said Sidney “ Why do you think Rudolph the reindeer’s nose is red?” I being the Mom wanted to come up with the proper answer but at that particular moment could not come up with anything better then, “ I am not really sure. When we get home, let’s look at the story again and see if we can figure it out.” I was hoping I had come up with an answer to appease for the time being.

She thought for a few more moments and then sweetly looked up at me and said, “You know Mom, I am guessing the reason that it is so red is because he ate to many Cherries!”

What more can I say...Out of the mouths of babes!!! Too Cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary's child was the Lamb of God, so it all works out.